Monday, May 14, 2012

Mother's Day Re-cap

My first Mother's Day could not have been better.  In fact, I told Bryan he messed up -- he set the bar very high for future Mother's Days.

Here's a recap:

  • The day started with some Adelaide cuddling {the best!}
  • Continued with:  a latte {stop judging}, New York Times, and CBS Sunday Morning {ironically, I read a fascinating article about the inner conflict of mothers -- maybe not the most appropriate for Mom's Day}
  • Uplifting service at All Souls Unitarian Church 
  • Brunch at Fireflies in Alexandria
  • Hangin' in Meridian Hill Park with old friend Dan.  We introduced Adelaide to the historic Meridian Hill drum circle.  She's a fan {see below}.
  • Pizza and beer with Bryan and Dan
  • Unwound with the season premiere of The Next Food Network Star.  I think I'm Team Alton. 
Addy's first drum circle:

I think it was a hit, don't you?  Looks like we may have to purchase a baby jemba.

0 comments:

Post a Comment